The retrenched 10,323 teachers, driven out of their 52 day old sit-in demonstration in front of City Centre in Paradise Chaumuhuni on January 27 in a high-handed manner by police, have decided to relaunch their sit-in to press for jobs from February 3. Sources among retrenched teachers said that they would seek permission for resuming the sit-in from SDPO (Sadar) but would find other means of continuing their agitation if the permission is refused. “All the retrenched teachers will be appealed to swing into action and participate in movement in any form with full gusto” said Kamal Deb, Pranay Deb, Sushanta Majumder and Mintu Debbarma, leaders of the Joint Movement Committee (JMC) in a press conference held in conference hall of TRTC. They also castigated the campaign of calumny being carried out by the government and a section of media against the retrenched teachers and police intervention to scuttle their movement. “The people are witness and in the know of the fact how our movement had been sought to be crushed by police without any provocation and without even a formal notification of Section 144 ; our movement was completely peaceful and democratic ; but we will continue our agitation for livelihood” said the leaders of JMC.