The 10,323 retrenched teachers , driven out of their democratic and peaceful sit-in site by universally castigated police action, have decided to resume their protest movement in a renewed form from February 1. Stating this , a leading figure of the movement Biswajit Banik said that the ruling party and its mindless followers have been spreading canards against their movement through various media and political statements but they will continue their agitation to elicit their rights. “Ours peaceful and completely democratic movement was broken by a barbaric police assault on the early morning of 27th January when the prohibitory order under section 144 had not yet been notified; many teachers including women had been physically assaulted in a brutal manner and many of them are still in hospital ; the condition of Rinku Sarkar, a teacher , is critical and she may have to be shifted to Kolkata for treatment and we are arranging money for this” said Biswajit Banik. He also blamed police for taking away their three donation boxes containing at least Rs 2.5 lakhs and many sacks of rice, pulses and vegetables stocked in front of their sit-in platform. Biswajit had gone to file a FIR against the police in West Agartala police station but this was refused by the police officers. “I have sent the FIR against police by mail to SP (West) Manik Das ; if no action is taken on our complaint we will explore other avenues of taking action against police” said Biswajit. He also held minister for education Ratan Lal Nath responsible for vilification campaign against the teachers and asserted that the people of the state will not tolerate this.