A youth died reportedly owing to drug overdose at Kalyanpur under Teliamura Subdivision in Khowai District of Tripura.
The deceased, Prikash Debbarma (22), a resident of Champahaour, Khowai was found dead along with syringe and drugs in the toilet of a house which belongs to Badal Deb.
The house owner said, “The boy came to our house and asked us to use the toilet, when he did not return for a long time we immediately informed the police.
As police broke the door and entered in the toilet, the youth was found lying inside along with syringes and drugs.”
He was immediately taken to the hospital by the fire brigade team where he was declared as brought dead by the on duty doctor.
The death occurred due to overdose of drugs, said the doctor in charge.