UIDAI recently extended the deadline for updating Aadhaar. The period for free renewal of related documents online through the UIDAI portal has also been extended. The new deadline is December 14.
Earlier Akshaya Kendras were experiencing huge rush to update Aadhaar. But there is no need to go to Akshaya Kendras and wait to do this.
It can be done online and that too for free. UIDAI requires renewal of all Aadhaar taken 10 years ago.
Aadhaar should be updated online through the My Aadhaar portal. Users must update if there is any change in name, address etc.
Even though the central government has ordered to update Aadhaar till December 14, let’s see how to complete the online process without waiting till then…
Now, all these updates can be done on the UIDAI website for free. Or you can also visit a Common Services Center (CSC) like Akshayakendras to do this, but for that you will have to pay a fee.
Follow these easy steps to update your address and upload documents on the website:
* Open UIDAI official website myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
* Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ menu.
* Select ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ option
* Click ‘Update’ and select ‘Continue’
* Enter Aadhaar Card Number
* Perform Captcha Verification
* ‘Enter OTP ‘ *
Go to ‘Update Demographics Data’ option
* Details option to update Select
* Enter New Details
* Upload Scanned Copy of Required Documents
* Check Entered Information is Correct
* Validate with OodiP