Near about hundred people have fallen ill after having the Prasad of Vishwakarma Puja.
The incident happened in Kulesh Nagar village of Fatikroy police station under Kumarghat Subdivision area Unakoti District of Tripura.
According to the details of the incident, Vishwakarma Puja was held at the house of a local resident namely Ramani Nath in Kulesh Nagar village.
Ramani Nath invited the villagers in this puja. But the people of the village got diarrhoea after eating the prasad of this puja.
Patients started coming to Fatikrai Hospital from Tuesday afternoon. Fatikarai hospital doctor Mithun Das said that he has treated about fifty people so far. Out of this, ten patients are admitted in Phatikrai Hospital. Besides, many patients were admitted to Kumarghat Kanchanbari Hospital due to this food poisoning