A worker was seriously injured after coming in contact with an live electric wire while repairing power lines.
Incident happened in Karilong area of Teliamura Subdivision. According to the details of the incident, Pradip Debvarma, a resident of Chakmaghat Bairagidepa area, went to work on electrical line repair work with Shubham Sarkar, a contractor from Teliamura.
Like other days, the laborer Pradip Debabarma came to work in the Karilong Shishuvihar area to repair electric lines.
While working, suddenly Debbarma came in contact with electric wires. After witnessing the incident, other workers rescued him from the spot and took him to Teliamura Sub-Divisional Hospital. The doctor on duty at Teliamura Sub-Divisional Hospital started treating him.
Pradip suffered serious head and ear injuries.
The locals claim that this accident is due to lack of safety equipment. Fingers are pointed at contractors and the labor department.
Every day, many workers are risking their lives because of their livelihood. However, no measures are taken to protect them. As a result, workers often lose their lives.