Odisha Train Accident: Authority Suspects Tampering In The Line

Posted on

Initial investigation into the triple train accident in Odisha’s Balasore has revealed that the system was deliberately tampered with. News agency PTI quoted railway sources as claiming that the accident occurred due to a fault in the electronic interlocking system. Without tampering, it is not possible that the route fixed for the main line turns into a loop line.

The Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS) is already probing the incident. In the initial investigation, many facts and information have come out. 

After this, the need for a CBI inquiry was felt, so the government recommended an inquiry by the CBI.

The repair work of the accident track has been completed. When the first train was flagged off from this track on Sunday night, 51 hours after the accident, Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav was seen standing with folded hands.

 He said that our responsibility is not over yet. Our goal is to find the missing people. Saying this he became emotional.

The Railway Minister has been monitoring the rescue and track repairing at Bahanga Bazar station in Balasore since the accident.

 Prime Minister Modi, after visiting Balasore on Saturday, was continuously taking updates related to the rescue operation from the Railway Minister.

The rescue operation is over, all nine NDRF teams are returning from the spot. 

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said that the railway track was cleared on Sunday night. After this, more than 50-60 trains have passed through there.

Aditya Kumar Chowdhary, CPRO, South Eastern Railway said that there are some wrong reports that the railwaymen have fled. The news of the death of the loco pilot is also going on, while he is admitted in AIIMS Bhubaneswar and he is out of danger. The correct information related to this is being shared by the Railways.

Meanwhile a passenger was found alive from the spot on Sunday night 48 hours after the accident.

 At the time of the accident, he got out of the bogie and fell unconscious in the bushes. 

The youth has been identified as Dilal, a resident of Assam.

He was immediately rescued and sent for treatment, where he also regained consciousness. His phone and wallet went missing in the incident.

Click to comment

Most Popular

Exit mobile version