The first statement has come out from China on Tuesday (December 13) after the incident of violent clash between Indo-China soldiers in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh on December 9.
According to the news agency AFP, China said that the situation on the India border is ‘stable’ after reports of violent incidents.
Indian troops ‘illegally’ crossed the border in Arunachal’s Tawang and “obstructed” Chinese troops, triggering a fresh stand-off last week, China said on Tuesday, reported news agency AFP.
Meanwhile India’s Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday accused China of trying to “unilaterally change the status quo” on the disputed Himalayan border last week.
He said in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha that there was no loss of any kind to the soldiers of the Indian Army in this skirmish.
He said that no soldier of India has been martyred.
The atmosphere in India has heated up since the skirmish on the Indo-China border.
A few hours ago, at Defene Minister Rajnath Singh’s house, he had a meeting with various officials including Foreign Minister S Jaishankar, CDS Lt Gen Anil Chauhan and the chief of the three forces, NSA Ajit Doval.
In this meeting, important issues related to the India-China border dispute were discussed.
Along with this, the army chief briefed Rajnath Singh on the security situation along the Line of Actual Control with China.
On the other hand, the opposition is also trying its best to corner the government on this issue.
Even before this, many times Chinese soldiers have tried to infiltrate into India. Before Tawang, there was a lot of tension between the two countries regarding the skirmish in the Galvan Valley in the year 2020.
After this, India had distanced itself from China.
Now once again China has dared to create a border dispute.
Earlier in the years 1962, 1967, 1975, 2020 and now in 2022, there has been a violent confrontation between the Indian and Chinese forces on the LAC.