UGC released a list of 20 fake universities from 8 states across the country before the start of the 2023-24 session.
University Grants Commission (UGC) chairman Prof. M Jagadish Kumar said that identifying fake universities and informing students about them is an important responsibility of the UGC.
This step can save many students life. UGC said that this maintains educational standards, increases confidence in India’s higher education system.
Prof Jagdish said that the list of universities recognized by UGC is available on the UGC portal. Fraud can be avoided by such alerts of UGC.
He said that avoid getting trapped in the clutches of fake institutions and proceed only after taking complete information from the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
Pro. M Jagdish Kumar also said that if any institute breaks the UGC rules, then complain on [email protected].
Maximum eight fake universities in Delhi
- All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences (AIIPPHS), State Government University, Alipore
- Commercial University Limited, Daryaganj
- United Nations University, Delhi
- Vocational University, Delhi
- ADR Centric Juridical University, ADR House, Rajendra Place, New Delhi
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi,
- Vishwakarma Open University for Self Employment, Sanjay Enclave, Opposite GTK Depot
- Spiritual University, Rohini
Fake universities of UP
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Aligarh
- Indian Council of Education, Bharat Bhavan, Lucknow
- Badaganavi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Karnataka
- St. John’s University, Kerala
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, Kolkata
- Sri Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, Puducherry
Christ New Testament Deemed University, Andhra Pradesh
Bible Open University of India- Andhra Pradesh