theTripurapost News Images

Tripura: Cricketer Electrocuted As Touches Live Wire Hanging on Road. Died

A young cricketer from Sabroom under South Tripura District, died tragically due to electrocution. The Cricketer identified as Purnendu Bikas Dutta,

According to the details of the incident, Purnendu Bikas Dutta (32), a resident of Ananda Para in Sabroom, died on Thursday night as he came direct contact with live wire. 

Purnendu  was working as Vehicle Inspector in Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Tripura at  Gorkha Basti, Agartala.

Prunendu Bikas Dutta was a well-known cricketer . He was also a good goalkeeper in football as well.

He came to his house on Thursday due to holiday. After hanging out with friends from Sabroom Bazar at night, while going home on a bike, he electrocuted in a power wire which was hanging on the road after light rain. 

A person walking on the road at night immediately informed the police and fire brigade. 

Firefighters rescued him and took him to Sabroom Hospital where doctors on duty declared him brought dead.

Meanwhile, after receiving the information, the police of Sabroom police station rushed to the spot. 

On Friday the body of Purnendu was handed over to the family after post-mortem.